Monday, February 04, 2008

New York Celebrates Giants' "Perfect Imperfection"


GIANTS WIN!!!
GIANTS WIN!!!
GIANTS WIN!!!
GIANTS WIN!!!
GIANTS WIN!!!
GIANTS WIN!!!

On the walk from my sister's apartment back to Penn Station I became a makeshift field correspondent as I got caught up in the single
largest communal outpouring of joy and elation I will probably ever be a part of.


These pictures were taken in the heart of Times Square, but believe it or not the craziest celebration I encountered was on 2nd Avenue in the 80's, where all vehicular traffic was stopped by the mob. Taxis that tried to pass through were doused in "Kool-Aid" as the passengers laughed, and the cab drivers moaned. Men hopped on passing cars like the grizzly bears did to John Candy's truck in "The Great Outdoors."

When I actually was walking and not participating, everyone I passed wanted to shout, cheer or high five--and as you can guess I was more than happy to reciprocate.

I felt it was the perfect moment to exit Times Square when I saw some of New York's finest extending their batons, and so I finally made my way towards Penn for the ride home.


18-1






No comments: